Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

I woke up this morning, and realized that school starts next Tuesday! Then I realized that at the beginning of the summer, I had planned to do a TON of fun activities with the kids to make this a memorable summer. Well, out of that list, we probably did about 1/3. We went to the zoo, a carnival, the local zoo, and went swimming a few times, and some other things. BUT, there was so much more I wanted to do, I want more time!!!! I never thought I would say it, but I wish school wasn't starting so soon, give me another 2 or weeks, so I can finish my list, please.
Of course, I have to remember that my back is part of the reason that we didn't get to do as much as I wanted to do. I had a double fusion surgery last year, and my back still bothers me ALOT. So, walking around is a pain, driving long distances, is a pain, you get the idea.
But, my plan is to make the next week FUN! We're going on a picnic, going to swim 1-2 more times (given this stupid rain goes away), and mabye if hubby is up to it, we'll camp in the back yard next weekend, since we couldn't go REAL camping this year! I think they'll have fun, honestly, I know they had a nice summer, I just wish I could have gotten to more places with them... I guess theres always next summer : )

No comments: