Friday, August 21, 2009

School supply challenge!

I'm a little late to the game, but I've decided to put up my daughters school supply list and see how well I did! Heres her list :


Gym shoes needed daily (to be kept at school)- Free, had them from last year, still fit!

5 folders with pockets & brads-
1 each, green, red, blue, yellow & 1 more any color ( 10 cents @ Jewel= $.50)

*2 pkgs. #2 pencils w/erasers, sharpened (2pks for $1 at Ultra Foods= $1)

*Scissors - Cut-Rite or Fiskars (must cut paper & cloth) ( $1 at Deals = $1)

*Crayons - box of 24 - NO fluorescent ( $.25 at Target= $.25)

1 box PRANG watercolor paints w/brush ( Free, used a box from the Trix pack I'd won!)

*1 set colored pencils – sharpened ( $1 at Target= $1)

4 dry erase markers - any color - LOW ODOR ( $1.49/ Clearance Walgreens= $1.49)

2 lrg. box kleenex( 3pk/3.49 at Walgreens= $2.26)

1 box gallon zip-lock bags (BOYS only) =0

1 box quart size zip-lock bags (GIRLS only) ( $1 at Ultra Foods= $1)

Adult t-shirt – (for art ) PLEASE LABEL (Used one of my old shirts=FREE)

1 roll scotch tape (2/$1 at Deals= $.50)

1 Large Glue Stick ( $.49 at Office Depot= $.49)


Total= $9.49

This was great! I was going to purchase the "Premade" supply kit for $25, but pretty much knew I could get everything for under $15! And every store I went to I go to a few times a week, so I never had to go out of my way!

Good luck to everyone, and have a great school year!