Thursday, July 9, 2009

So who's coming to Chicago for BlogHer?

I felt like such a dummy, I saw a button for BlogHer '09, and I'm a 25 minute drive from Chicago. So I sent them an email asking if I could get in, because I didn't know that it had been booked for like a year in advance! But, I'm new to this, so thats my excuse!
BUT, what I'd like to offer is any help to anyone that would like info on things to do, places to eat, etc. I love going downtown, I only wish I could get out there more but it' hard with the kids and our schedules.
One of my favorite memories as a little girl was when my grandma would take me on the train downtown to visit my aunt on her lunch break. She worked downtown, so we would head out in the morning, walk around a bit, then eat lunch with my aunt. Afterwards, the best part came... we would walk over to Woolworths, and my grandma would let me pick something out! I loved that store, but more than that, I love my grandma for everything she's done for me! I've got many, many wonderful childhood memories from her and my grandpa, they are awesome grandparents, and i dont think I could have gotten any better ones!

So, I went off track just a BIT, if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help, or at least try to help!!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

I have no idea what BlogHer is...am I missing out on something in the blog world?? It wouldn't be the first time...

annies home said...

that is so nice of you to do and thanks for stopping by my blog

Cher said...

I think LobbyCon tickets for BlogHer might still be availbale. It costs $99 and you get like 80% of the benefits the others get. I am going, and we all get to hang out in the lobby restaurant where Blogher is and then go to meet all the sponsors and watch all the speakers too!

http://www.blogher.com/announcing-blogher-09-lobbycon

By the way where do you live in IL - I live in Evergreen Park, but next week we are moving to Wheaton.

Sandy said...

I wish I was going to Blogher! Maybe next year!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

kasandria said...

You can go to LobbyCon or heck just go for the parties!
Kasandria

Kristy said...

Cher- I live in Winfield, borderline on Wheaton! We'll be close neighbors!

Beth said...

I wish I was going too :( Yeah maybe next year. Is it always in Chicago? I live 2 hours from there and that would be the only location I would go to for it. Like no way would I be flying to Cali or NYC for that. I mean I bet its amazing but I couldn't leave my kids for a long trip like that.