Sunday, July 26, 2009

I love school supplies!

I'll admit it, one of my favorite things to do it shop for school supplies! There's something about a new pack of crayons, sharpening a brand new pencil, or putting notebook paper in a new binder that makes my day, always has. I liked shopping for supplies when I was in school, before I had kids I would buy my little sisters their supplies, and now I get to buy them for my kiddies!
Once I see the Target shelves stocked with everything, my head goes into planning mode. Where can I get the best deals? Who needs what and how many do they need? Can I get extra and donate to a shelter?
The funny thing is, my mom, who loves to shop just like me, HATES school shopping. Once the schools came out with the premade supply packs, she was all for it. Not me, I want to go to 9 different stores to find those 4/$1 crayons, $1 markers, 10/$1 folders, and I want to let EVERYONE know how much I saved! Even if I spend more on gas than everything else, which my hubby pointed out a few days ago, lol!
So, I have my notebook by my purse, with all the sale prices listed, and tomorrow I will start my hunt for the best bargains! I'm pumped, yes i am!

2 comments:

Kimberly Kihega said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaways! I've also got a new giveaway for a gourmet brownie cake now!

kendahl a. said...

I am SO the same way. I love shopping for school supplies! New crayons are my favorite. There is nothing like coloring with a brand new Crayola crayon. Have fun bargain hunting!

And, thanks for stopping by my blog!