Friday, July 3, 2009

Allergic reactions...

When I was about 14, my grandparents took me to Hawaii for a week, nice, I know! On the 2nd to the last night, we went to dinner and about an hour later, my face was swelled up and I was vomitting. We had to find an ER, which when in Hawaii isnt an easy task! We get there and they tell me I must be allergic to shellfish, but, I hadnt eaten any! After about an hour of questioning, they decided I was allergic to aspirin. I had taken one right before dinner because I was getting a headache.
So I stayed away from aspirin, and a year went by, no problems. Then in High school, I hurt my back in gym and Dr said to take Ibuprofen. I ended up back in the ER, same thing. So I am allergic to aspirin and Ibuprofen, which sucks when I get headaches, or any ache for that matter!
But I guess it's better to not take them, then to take it and have hives, a swelled up face, vomitting, and stomach pains that made me feel like I was going to die!
What are you allergic to?

4 comments:

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

Ugh that sucks to be allergic to both! Maybe your doc can prescribe you something?

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh that sucks! Let's see Ivory soap (I know weird huh) and an epedral (sp), makes me itch like crazy. Like take my skin off until we're done please ... LOL

Hope you don't have a lot of headaches, sadly I have way too many.

No more swelling girlie ;)

Kristy said...

I get HORRIBLE migraines! Passed down from my mom, thanks mom!
For years, I just took Tylenol and tried to deal with the pain. Finally I went to a dr, I think about 6 years ago and he gave me a prescription for migraines!
It really sucks, because there are so many helpful products out there for headaches/migraines, but they all have aspirin in them!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Oh that is an awful reaction. I get the hives, too, when I take aspirin. I can't vomiting and stomach pains along with that. Oddly enough I can have ibuprofen and Advil...just not aspirin. I am also allergic to crabs...sad because that is most of the dishes here in Maryland.

I was looking through my blog followers list and thought I would say hello.