Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a Weekend!

This weekend has probably been the busiest weekend yet, and I know somehow, they are only going to get busier! Friday I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for Fathers Day gifts, and was unsuccesful. BUT, I remembered I had that wonderful $10 coupon from JcPennys, that came in handy!
Saturday was my little sisters 8th grade graduation party, what a blast we had! Since it was around 85 degrees, my parents let the kids fill up water balloons and put the kiddie pool out... for around 10 teenaged girls, I just had to laugh at that idea! I sat by my grandma, knowing I wouldnt get wet that way! I even covered myself with a towel, in the 85 degrees weather! Well, the SECOND I got up to get a drink, my wonderful little sis drenched me! But man did it feel good! My kiddies had a blast with the balloons and my Ashie had such a fun time in the baby pool. That girl has got a HUGE imagination!
What else that day... a cake fight, and karaoke, which even my dad sang, that I wish I had video taped! And again, my baby girl singing her heart out! I'm hoping she keeps up with loving to sing, because she has the most adorable singing voice! And my son, wanting to do it, but "couldn't find a song he wanted to sing" so he never got up there, lol!
And today, Fathers Day! The worst part of the day was that my hubby had to work, so the kids had to spend most of the day with me, poor things! We went to my grandparents for a BBQ, and I realized that I have eaten WAY too much!
Once we got home, Daddy got his presents, and now they are settling down to watch a movie. I probably should go join them, but this is the first free time Ive gotten all weekend!
So, Happy Fathers Day, and hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

News Around The Blogs said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, good luck!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Sounds like one of my weekends :).

Good plan always sit next to the grandma ;). Oh Cake fight and signing can never go wrong. So need your camera at hand at least you can make a little video with it ;).

BBQ are no calorie days right? What? They aren't man I've been overeating for years :).

So what was the fathers day gift :)

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

A cake fight and karaoke all in one day! Yes, too bad you didn't have the camera!

Kristy said...

His gifts were 2 shirts from Pennys, after the coupon they came to $4 total! Then a beard/mustache trimmer from CVS clearance for $2, a Blackhawks keychain that rang up $1 at Osco, and a I love Daddy frame from Kohls that i paid $3.24 after using the remainder of my GC!
So, he got alot of stuff for almost under $10!
And of course, he didnt believe me when I told him that, lol!