Friday, May 28, 2010

What gifts do YOU give your kids teachers? And teachers, what do you like?

So it's that time of year again, a time I love, but also dread! I love buying gifts for my kids teachers because they are wonderful teachers and have all helped my kids so much! But, I dread wandering around the stores trying to find that perfect gift, something that they won't have 20 of already, like mugs, candles, bath and body stuff, you know!
Last year, I found really cute bookmarks at Hallmark, they were metal and had little apples hanging on the ends. I paired it up with a giftcard to Barnes and Noble and I think they enjoyed it! This year, the kids have their regular teachers, and then they each have 2-3 teachers for their areas that needed attention, so we're talking at least 8 gifts, which I know is going to get pricey! Unless, of course, you wonderful readers have some great ideas for inexpensive gifts?! I'd love all and any suggestions, and I've got about a week to get anything done that will need to be handmade. I thank you all in advance, this weekend is going to be a crazy one!

1 comment:

Renee said...

My daughter isn't in school yet, so we have not had this problem yet, but I would think that teachers would appreciate edible gifts, such as a small fruit basket, or small gift certificates to places such as Starbucks, the local movie theater, etc. Maybe burn a cd of free relaxation music from Amazon.com to go along with the gift?