Friday, February 4, 2011

2 Snow days and a 1/2 day of school today, lucky kiddies!

This outrageous snowfall came with 1 good thing attached to it, 2 snow days for the kids which meant 2 days to recover from the nasty sickness I've got! As much as I dreaded the snow, it was really nice not having to wake up early to get them off to school while feeling so miserable! You don't know how much I was hoping for the district to just call off today too, since it's a 1/2 day, but no luck!

And of course, the downside to the 2 days off is that now my house is a disaster, there are snowpants, snowboots, gloves, hats, you name it, all over the place! But I guess thats ok seeing that my daughter had a blast, first time sledding all year, and big brother was being SUPER nice and took her with him and his friend, for almost the entire afternoon! It's a wonderful thing, living on a slope where they could just pile the snow up a bit and have a great hill to go down! Hopefully I can get some pics this afternoon, because I didn't want to go near the door the past few days, SOOOOO COLD!!!

No comments: